At Genospace, our mission is to deliver the platform that makes biomedical data useful and usable by everyone.
Working from our headquarters in Cambridge, MA, our interdisciplinary team is merging the tools and techniques of genomics, analytics, and cloud computing. We serve research, clinical development, pathology and clinical care customers who work with high-dimensional genomic and other biomedical data. Many of the most advanced precision medicine organizations are powered by Genospace.
Genospace is looking for talented team players who enjoy a challenge and want to help us deliver our platform. As the leading provider of information technology services in molecular medicine, our software is used today by clinicians and researchers across the country and around the globe to improve patient care.
What You'll Do:
Genospace is looking for a Web Developer who is creative, smart, gets things done, and is excited at the prospect of solving novel problems.
As a Web Developer you will be working on expanding our platform capabilities to better serve our customer-facing web applications that deliver pioneering services to clinicians, physicians, and patients.
Our application stack typically looks like:
- Middle Tier – Java, Grails
- Data Tier - MongoDB
You’ll be expected to contribute across all parts of the application so familiarity with the stack is a plus.
What We're Looking For:
- Experience developing effective solutions rapidly
- Experience transforming prototypes into high-quality, reliable, and reusable platform components
- Ability to foresee and test against potential functional and scalability problems
- A self-starter that uses good judgment in how to best apply their time effectively
Education & Background:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 0 to 2 years of experience in a related role
- No prior experience in life sciences is required but ample curiosity and a willingness to learn are a must
Genospace is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on any of the following: race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or gender characteristics, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.