At Genospace, our mission is to deliver the platform that makes biomedical data useful and usable by everyone.
Working from our headquarters in Cambridge, MA, our interdisciplinary team is merging the tools and techniques of genomics, analytics, and cloud computing. We serve research, clinical development, pathology and clinical care customers who work with high-dimensional genomic and other biomedical data. Many of the most advanced precision medicine organizations are powered by Genospace.
Genospace is looking for talented team players who enjoy a challenge and want to help us deliver our platform. As the leading provider of information technology services in molecular medicine, our software is used today by clinicians and researchers across the country and around the globe to improve patient care.
What You’ll Do:
Genospace is seeking an UX Designer who is responsible for creating prototypes, mockups, storyboards, and other deliverables to communicate designs that are ready to be integrated into agile development cycles. You will build navigation structures and information designs into each of the Genospace offerings and help shape the user experience across the entire product ecosystem. You will work closely with the User Researcher in order to transform user-centered design research findings into UX recommendations and apply them to your work. You will also assist in the testing and validation of your designs through expert/heuristic evaluation and usability testing. The user will be at the heart of all of the work you do; you will refer to personas, user journeys, scenarios and other UX deliverables in order to come up with compelling, efficient and usable designs for the target user. This role also requires balancing business goals and client expectations all whilst delivering the highest quality user experience. At Genospace you will design tools that create a meaningful impact in the treatment of disease through precision medicine.
You will also:
- Assist the UX Architect and User Researcher in defining functional interaction requirement specifications
- Create wireframes, mockups, prototypes, information architectures and navigation models, screen flows and other UX deliverables
- Work with the User Researcher in order to conduct usability tests, perform expert evaluations and iterate designs based on the results of those tests and evaluations
- Ensure that the Visual Designer has integrated your recommendations and interaction paradigms into their visual designs
- Communicate with engineers throughout the development process to make sure features are implemented in a way that meets user needs
- Plan and prioritize the implementation of features and designs with various stakeholders
What We’re Looking For:
- Impeccable communication, time management, and interpersonal skills
- Experience working in a dynamic team based environment of user researchers, usability experts and UI designers
- Experience in managing a number of projects simultaneously
- A strong portfolio of work is required of any candidate to be considered for the position
- Proficiency in tools such as Adobe CC, OmniGraffle, Visio, Axure, Balsamiq, etc.
Education & Background:
- Bachelor’s degree in Multimedia Design, Interaction Design, Interactive Media or a related field; a Master’s degree in HCI, UX Design, Information Architecture or a related field is preferred, but not required
- 3+ years of experience in UX and interaction design
Genospace is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on any of the following: race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or gender characteristics, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.