At Genospace, our mission is to deliver the platform that makes biomedical data useful and usable by everyone.
Working from our headquarters in Cambridge, MA, our interdisciplinary team is merging the tools and techniques of genomics, analytics, and cloud computing. We serve research, clinical development, pathology and clinical care customers who work with high-dimensional genomic and other biomedical data. Many of the most advanced precision medicine organizations are powered by Genospace.
Genospace is looking for talented team players who enjoy a challenge and want to help us deliver our platform. As the leading provider of information technology services in molecular medicine, our software is used today by clinicians and researchers across the country and around the globe to improve patient care.
What You’ll Do:
Genospace is looking for a Test Engineer to develop an automated testing framework to ensure product quality. The Test Engineer will be responsible for the future design and implementation of scalable testing framework to support product launches and maintain client expectations of engineering excellence. The Test Engineer will monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system malfunctions and ensure software meets quality standards.
The Test Engineer will play an important part in the Genospace product development process by providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems. Test Engineer responsibilities will include designing and implementing tests and debugging and defining corrective actions. The Test Engineer will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts.)
As a Test Engineer you will:
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback to the engineering team
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, and thoroughly track and document bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products/features
- Work with internal teams (e.g. developers and product owner) to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and work with developers and product owner to implement solutions
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
What We’re Looking For:
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing, open source automated testing tools, and continuous integration and testing
- Solid knowledge and experience with MongoDB
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a big plus
Education & Background:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, engineering or other relevant field
- At least 3 years’ experience working as a test engineer
- Proven work experience in software development
Genospace is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on any of the following: race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or gender characteristics, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.