At Genospace, our mission is to deliver the platform that makes biomedical data useful and usable by everyone.
Working from our headquarters in Cambridge, MA, our interdisciplinary team is merging the tools and techniques of genomics, analytics, and cloud computing. We serve research, clinical development, pathology and clinical care customers who work with high-dimensional genomic and other biomedical data. Many of the most advanced precision medicine organizations are powered by Genospace.
Genospace is looking for talented team players who enjoy a challenge and want to help us deliver our platform. As the leading provider of information technology services in molecular medicine, our software is used today by clinicians and researchers across the country and around the globe to improve patient care.
What You’ll Do:
Genospace is looking for a Software Engineer who is excited at the prospect of solving novel problems. We are looking for an engineer with a holistic view of product development capable of innovating across our platform.
As a Software Engineer your work will impact patients at the most critical junctures in their lives, researchers seeking to make advances based on a sea of high-dimensional data, physicians deploying personalized medicine in everyday practice, and laboratories conducting some of the most advanced analyses in the world.
As a Software Engineer you will:
- Be an active participant in the team sprint process
- Participate in production releases and support
- Actively identify platform enhancements and own their implementation
- Participant in feature design, product development, and delivery
Our application stack typically looks like:
- Front End – HTML5, Backbone.js, D3.js
- Middle Tier – Java, Groovy/Grails
- Data Tier – MongoDB, Neo4J
You’ll be expected to contribute across all parts of the application so familiarity with the stack is a plus.
What We’re Looking For:
- Demonstrated understanding of foundational computer science topics
- Experience transforming prototypes into high-quality, reliable and reusable platform components
- Capacity to work through tasks at any level of the stack and deliver correct and well-tested code with some oversight
- Ability to foresee and test against potential functional and scalability problems and own issues through resolution
- Experience with common software development practices such as version control (Git), unit testing, and continuous integration
- Ability to determine accurate and dependable delivery estimates
- A self-starter that uses good judgment in how best to apply their time effectively
- Strong commitment to teamwork
Education & Background:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
- At least 3 years’ experience in full software development lifecycle preferred
- No prior experience in life sciences is required but ample curiosity and a willingness to learn are a must
Genospace is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on any of the following: race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or gender characteristics, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.