Senior User Experience Designer
At Genospace, our mission is to deliver the platform that makes biomedical data useful and usable by everyone.
Working from our headquarters in Cambridge, MA, our interdisciplinary team is merging the tools and techniques of genomics, analytics, and cloud computing. We serve research, clinical development, pathology and clinical care customers who work with high-dimensional genomic and other biomedical data. Many of the most advanced precision medicine organizations are powered by Genospace.
Genospace is looking for talented team players who enjoy a challenge and want to help us deliver our platform. As the leading provider of information technology services in molecular medicine, our software is used today by clinicians and researchers across the country and around the globe to improve patient care.
What You’ll Do:
Genospace is looking for a highly creative Senior User Experience Designer to play a leading role in helping Genospace define, design, and develop an intoxicating user experience in a field where it’s so desperately needed. Health care professionals spend up to 60% of every patient encounter with interfaces that reduce their role to data entry – let’s change that. This role involves using a multidisciplinary skill set that synthesizes business goals, user and technical considerations, and visual and interaction design to create clean and visually appealing experiences for our users.
At Genospace we believe that good design is paramount and we strive to create a culture that supports the creation of innovative products through design thinking. The ideal Senior User Experience Designer candidate should have a portfolio that shows their passion for high quality user interface design that puts the user at the center of every decision, have a desire to solve complex communication and interaction problems, stay up-to-date with the most recent trends and design standards, and have an impeccable eye for small details. You will have experience with visual and content design that is directed at specific audiences to support business goals, and illustrate a deep knowledge of user flow and user behavior as it relates to interacting with the interface you are designing for.
As a Senior User Experience Designer you will:
- Lead the UX team in conducting usability tests, performing expert evaluations, and iterating designs based on the results of those tests and evaluations
- Translate research findings into design recommendations and communicate those recommendations through reports/presentations and integrate the recommendations into development sprints
- Lead the UX team in defining functional interaction requirement specifications
- Create wireframes, mockups, prototypes, information architecture, navigation models, screen flows and other UX deliverables
- Produce UI designs that adhere to the Genospace brand and requirements set out by the UX team
- Communicate with engineers throughout the development process to make sure features are implemented in a way that meets user needs and proper design specifications
- Assist the commercial team by developing digital and print marketing materials and presentations
- Support the Genospace brand and ensure that it is implemented correctly throughout the organization
What We’re Looking For:
- Impeccable communication, time management, and interpersonal skills
- Experience working in a dynamic team-based environment of user researchers, usability experts, and UI designers
- Experience in managing a number of projects simultaneously
- An outstanding portfolio of design work
- Demonstrated understanding of how business value can be derived from innovative and usable design
- The ability to work collaboratively within an interdisciplinary team
- A robust design process and a strong understanding of industry standard tools such as Adobe CC, Sketch, etc.
- Design planning, visual marketing and human-centered design experience
Education & Background:
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic, Interface, Information or Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Product Design, or other relevant fields. Though an advanced degree is preferred, sufficient work experience in any of these areas may substitute for an advanced degree.
- 5+ years of related work experience
Genospace is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on any of the following: race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or gender characteristics, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.