Scientific Data Analyst
At Genospace, our mission is to deliver the platform that makes biomedical data useful and usable by everyone.
Working from our headquarters in Cambridge, MA, our interdisciplinary team is merging the tools and techniques of genomics, analytics, and cloud computing. We serve research, clinical development, pathology and clinical care customers who work with high-dimensional genomic and other biomedical data. Many of the most advanced precision medicine organizations are powered by Genospace.
Genospace is looking for talented team players who enjoy a challenge and want to help us deliver our platform. As the leading provider of information technology services in molecular medicine, our software is used today by clinicians and researchers across the country and around the globe to improve patient care.
What You’ll Do:
Genospace is looking for a Scientific Data Analyst to drive the implementation of complex biomedical data modeling projects.
As a member of the data science and product teams, you will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects related to specific customer implementations as well as core product development. This role requires a combination of interpersonal communication and technical skills and the motivation to apply these skills in highly detailed scientific and medical data projects.
As a Scientific Data Analyst you will:
- Be responsible for managing the complete process of on-boarding new customers including:
- Customer needs assessment and requirements gathering
- Analysis of related business and scientific processes
- Transform, harmonize, and model project data
- Development of implementation plans and timelines
- Serving as primary point of contact during solution development
- Information and tool resource identification
- Customer training and solution roll-out
- Participate in technical aspects of the sales process, e.g. data modeling for project demo and training
- Collaborate with customers and domain experts to identify requirements for new products and features
- Work closely with the product development team on definition, testing, and evaluation of new products and features
What We’re Looking For:
- Working knowledge of genomics including tools, technologies and data resources
- Excellent communication and customer facing skills required
- Solid understanding of the biomedical domain, with an emphasis on fields related to precision medicine including:
- Molecular biology
- Cancer biology
- Medical terminologies and coding systems
- Biomedical ontologies
- Ability to quickly analyze and understand diverse data sets to develop data models in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to research and identify resources for developing oncology, clinical research, and health-care related data models
- A willingness to learn new products, tools, and techniques for data management and processing
- A basic understanding of data transformation such as:
- String operations
- Numerical scaling
- Terminology mappings
Education & Background:
- Master’s degree in an engineering, life sciences, or bioinformatics discipline or a bachelor’s degree with additional relevant experience
- 2+ years of experience as a consultant, data analyst, or data scientist in a life sciences or healthcare related information technology provider
Genospace is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on any of the following: race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or gender characteristics, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.